Monday, June 11, 2012

from the Ghettos

From the Ghettos of Stockton I send my love!!  (and boy are these the ghettos!) 

I may or may not have sprained my ankle.  okay I did.  but I'm fine.  Its like a mini-sprain.  Not a big deal really...I just thank the Lord that I over-prepare and I happened to have an ace bandage with me that I've been carrying from place to place for 10 months.  Still walking, just a small limp.  I'm sure to be healed in a few days.  Not even sure HOW I sprained it, it just started hurting...weird.

The work here is picking up and we added a new Deaf lady here but she's looooooow education.  Its so hard to teach concepts to people like that, but we are doing our best!  I gave her the childrens DVD so we'll see if she likes it!  We had zone conference last week and I was in a men's quartet.  That was fun!  We sang "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" and I did the high tenor part.  We talked about sacrifice as a mission and I decided I needed to give up a few things.  My blonde streak being one of them.  I'm very sad about this, a silly thing to be sad about you might think, but Ive become attatched. I told the Lord that I would give it up to look more like a disciple of Jesus Christ so I am telling all of you to keep myself accountable.  I am giving up a few other things as well and striving to be better.  We also got touch phones at Zone Conference which I'm not really fond of.  I've decided I just dont like technology that much.  I hate having to slide and hit with my finger because half the time it doesnt work.  Anyway, guess thats the way the world is going and we have to keep up!  They're not iPhones, just the Sprint Rumor ones. 

I've found another Chiropractor down here because my hip is out again.  He's LDS and says he will treat me for free so we'll see how that goes.  I'm honestly in need of one, I can't slide all the way back to where I was and I can feel the difference between good and bad spine health.  The Lord is watching over me though and I know He loves His missionaries!!

I was on an episode of "Hoarders" this week.  not really.  But we DID clean a house of a lady who hoards way more stuff than she should.  She had drawers full of plastic bags and her son has so many toys its rediculous.   She even wanted to keep a broken plate.  Watching the TV Show actually helped me know how to better organize her house and help her throw away stuff.  We found our weekly service for the next 2 months.  :)  We spent 3 hours in her kitchen and it still needs another 3, but its better.  Once again I am thankful for my Mother who taught me to clean and organize even though I'm not perfect at it.  This lady's life is going to change and be better with our help of teaching her how to clean.  She wants to be better too, knows that it got out of hand so its good she's willing to change. 

Remember that Deaf investigator in Carmichael who was so depressed because she was paralyzed and bed-ridden?  She's decided to be baptized!!  YAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!  June 24th.  I will get to drive up to see it, too, so I'll send pictures in a few weeks.  I am so happy for her and hope she will not be my last Deaf baptism here! 

I was really struck by specific scriptures this week.  Ether 12:12,16,18:

"For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.  Yea, and even all they who wrought miracles wrought them by faith, even those who were before Christ and also those who were after.  And neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith; wherefore they first believed in the Son of God."  The reason I survived my struggles at birth was because of the faith of my parents and family.  I am a living miracle.  I'm not supposed to be alive, and the only reason I am living is because of the Priesthood held by my Father who blessed me.  Thank you family for having enough faith to create the miracle that is my life.  I am grateful for the Priesthood and the blessings I see in our family because of it.  I am happy to have had a chance to live and be tested with this body and spirit.  I love the joy and pain that I can experience here on earth.  Because I wasn't capable of having faith as a baby, I know that the reason I'm alive is because of all of you.  Thank you.

Onward ever onward!
love, Sister Wilson

Random: Sister Konou's bed was rediculously squEEEEaky.  I sprayed it with Pam.  Problem solved. 

No comments: