Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter

What a wonderful weekend!  I guess I didnt explain myself very well in the last email.  I am in the VERY same place, Carmichael.  Same people as last time, serving in one hearing ward and the Deaf branch.  Same apartment.  And I'm exceedingly happy to be back!!  Its amazing how only 6 weeks away from this place has thrown me for a real  loop, though.  Sister Despain has never served here, so we were shotgunned into the area, but its been a great adventure to figure all of it out together.
A little about her: Sister Despain is short.  Just like all of my companions.  She's hard of hearing, so I sign every time we talk so she can understand everything.  We laugh a LOT.  She's an ASL sister, too, but she's been in the other half of the mission for most the time so we havent been companions yet.  She's been out 14 months so she goes home in August!  (Which means she will most likely stay here in the Deaf branch until then) She's also what we call a "coordinating sister" which basically means that she does exchanges with some other sisters in the mission.  She goes out to Folsom and El Dorado Hills to do some training and work with other sisters and see how their work is going.  Which means I get to do a lot of exchanges with the MEMBERS here, which I LOVE!  I love these members, lets just hope they love me!  Lots of them were happy I came back, good to know I was missed.  I love Sister Despain a ton.  She's marvelous.

MIKE AND ANNE WENT TO THE TEMPLE!!!!  Okay, it was just to do baptisms for the dead, but it was still the temple!  And President let me go too!!  It was the most amazing wonderful experience!!  I sat in the temple with my two recent converts and I cried as I watched their excited faces in awe of the spirit and beauty they took in.  I felt like a proud mother.  Such a wonderful chance for me to have the opportunity to see these two souls grow their testimonies and change their lives.  It's brought me so much joy!!  I decided if they were the only two souls that I brought unto Christ, my mission was worth it.  I have been so thrilled to experience this.  It reminds me of D&C 18:15-16.  "and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy...and now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!"  My joy is great.  Ive never felt anything like it before.  

Sister Williams left me some pretty big shoes to fill, even though her feet were tiny.  I miss her, but she is an amazing missionary and I want to grow up to be just like her when I go home!!  
 
I love all of you!  The Missionary life is a GOOD LIFE!!  

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment