Thursday, February 23, 2012

transfers!


Transfer calls came yesterday.....I'm being transferred to the MARSHALLESE PROGRAM!!!!  I was totally blown out of the water on that one.  Never expected that to happen.  Every missionary LOVES it there, but I guess I'll find out why!  To be completely honest, I bawled my eyes out for a few hours because it breaks my heart to leave Deaf work and the Carmichael 1st ward, but as a servant of the Lord, I believe that my leaders are inspired and I will go and do the things which the Lord has commanded.  I dont speak Marshallese, but my new companion, Sister Konou (Ko-no) is from the Marshall Islands so I guess she will be my interpreter?  All of the ASL sisters are with English companions right now and its really sad to me because I feel like our Deaf work was coming along so well in the area.  We have 6 Deaf investigators, but Sister Williams can keep teaching them.  Its so hard for me to leave these people I love so much.  I pack up this afternoon and drive out tomorrow morning.  Here's to being the languageless tall White girl!!  

I dont have much to say today because I forgot my planner with my notes, but the Lord is blessing me.  As sad as I am to leave Carmichael, I know South Sacramento is in need of me as much as I need that area.  New adventures lie ahead!!  I was reading a scripture that really stood out to me the other day in Alma chapter 29.  Verse 10 says "And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord my God, then is my soul filled with joy."  Then verse 13 says "...and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people, and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full."  I can feel that joy in my heart when I share the gospel.  I feel it so much when I talk with my recent converts who thank me and see a pouring out of blessings in their lives since they were baptized.  I love being a missionary.  

I love you!

Sister Wilson

p.s.  I found out last week that anybody can send me emails if they want to save on postage.  Even friends, but I can't write emails BACK to them.  So if anyone feels burdened by having to hand-write a letter to me or buying a stamp, they can just shoot me an email and I'll write you back!

No comments:

Post a Comment