Monday, July 9, 2012

love this place!

As if things could get better from last week, THEY DID.  This week was awesome.  We added two new investigators, one of them is seriously crazy and the other one is seriously searching for truth.  Hey, at least 50% is a good find!  And Lynda!!!  LYNDA CAME TO CHURCH!!!  AND SHE TOLD BISHOP SHE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!!!!  She explained that there was a miscommunication and she didnt mean to tell us that she wanted to stop "bible study" but she wanted us to come over!!  She's so ready for the gospel, and we are hoping that she will be our July miracle!!!  IM SO HAPPY!!!!

My testimony of apostles has increased so much recently.  Since Elder Holland came to our mission and gave us that apostolic blessing, we all needed to change some things about ourselves and our mission, but I can see the hand of God in this work.  I can see that the Lord supports His apostles and their promises to us!  There is an energy in the mission.  Everyone is excited and happy.  All the missionaries are full of faith and hope.  What a miracle it is for me to be serving in this place at such a great time!  Dan wants to be baptized, but the problem is that he cant until he gets off parole next January.  He already calls himself a Mormon, though.  He bears strong testimony of the truth that we taught him and he knows that God chose this church for him to join.  The other day in our lesson, he got quite emotional.  He shook his head at the ground and said "Danny can't be in charge of Danny's life no more.  Ive seen what happens when I am, and I have to give my life to God so He can be in charge."  There is such a huge difference in Dan.  Such a use of the Atonement, stronger than any I have ever seen in my life.  He is the most truly converted nonmember I have ever met. 



I am yet again training my companion to only cross one eye.  She's getting closer!!  One night, Sister Teerime and I were driving home when I saw a crumpled brown piece of fabric in the middle of the road.  Out of impulse, (thanks Erin Haskell) I stopped the car and demanded that she pick it up because I was curious what it was.  Sister Teerime resisted, looking at me like I was crazy.  She got out and looked at it and said "It looks like some kind of hat!"  And I say "pick it up!  Put it in the car!"  So she finally did.  It was a pirate hat with three corners.  Best thing I have EVER found on the side of the road.  We laughed all the way home because it looks rediculous when you put it on.  We decided to give it to the Kroffs in our ward because they have a children's theatre and they can use it, I'm sure. 
 Later that night, Sister Teerime's hair was bothering her, so I offered to cut it. She let me.  I just did what Momma told me they used to do in the 70's when they wanted layers!!  Put it in a ponytail on top of the head and cut straight across!!  We had to fix it a bit after we let it down but it actually looks really good and she is much happier.  She has so much hair that before we did the cut, she couldnt even run her brush through it.  Yay!  ALSO!!  Sister Teerime is learning ASL.  Like, I have never met other sister who is picking it up as fast as she has. After two days, she was praying in ASL.  She understands like 25% of our deaf lessons.  She has truly been given the gift of tongues.  (Gift of hands?)

Deaf Dianne is still in Louisiana getting surgery, but when she comes home she wants to finish learning and get baptized in August.  She's so wonderful and what a blessing it is for me to teach her.  I am also going to Deaf Kelly's baptism this Sunday in Carmichael!!  (yay, I can visit Carmichael again for a day!) 

 As you can tell, I am one very happy sister missionary serving the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength.  I love our Heavenly Father so much and I know He loves all these people to whom He has sent me!!  The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only church on earth with the proper authority to baptize!!  And we're going to do it!!!

Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment